Video Blog: Can I Wear a CS-426 Steel Boned Corset?

From Our Frequently Asked Questions:

Am I Long Enough for the CS-426?

CS-426 Longline

CS-426 Longline

Hello OC Blog Readers! This must be one of our top 3 questions asked of our sizing experts at Orchard Corset. It’s not as simple as knowing your height, as very tall people can have very short torsos, and vice-verse. Our own Skylar is only 5’1″, but can wear a 426 (but prefers the 411). I have a very good friend who is 5’9″ and can barely wear the 411 she has such a short waist.

In this video, I show a simple test you can do at home to help determine if the 426 will work for you. Simply drop a tape measure from right under the center of your breast and see where that hits you at the 11″ mark. This is wear the corset will land on your body. Now try sitting down and imagine having a rigid steel boned corset resting there. As long as the corset doesn’t ride down below where your thighs, you should be alright.

Many women find that they like to have both corsets in their collection and use them for different purposes. The 411 allows most people a little more freedom of movement, so they choose to wear to work, do chores, etc. The 426 is longer with an exaggerated hip curve that provides a striking hourglass, so it gets worn either when just hanging around the house or to really make a statement at an event.  We have a blog that compares the 411 and the 426 and one that details the dimensions of the CS-426.

88 thoughts on “Video Blog: Can I Wear a CS-426 Steel Boned Corset?

1. daisy

My underbust is 41 waist is 43 and hip 45, from under bust to hip is 11.5 I am new to waist training and was wondering which one would suit me best, again I am a first time user thank you. And I am interested in a underbust one

2. christina nogueras

Hi Cheri,
    I received my 426 in the mail today. Size 38. I’m wearing it right now seasoning it. My question is though is it normal to be unable to tie the pull loops together because it’s too tight? My laces are fully stretched out with the little bit of pull loop just hanging. Is that okay? I don’t want to mess up my corset.

1. Christina Nogueras

The modesty panel has a long ways to go till it reaches the other side lol i would say a good 3-4 inches of gap where you can see my shirt in the back, the bottom of the corset has already molded to my bottom half as i have A LOT of hippage, the top sticks out which is to be expected. just worried about be unable to tie a loop is all

3. Eve

Hi Cheri,I have been watching n reading a lot of questions about the CS 426,and I have order one already with size 30,and my measurement was under bust :34,waist:38,upper hips:42,lower hips:44,torso:11.Please I want to know if the CS 426 will fit me right?Thank you!!!

Hi Eve,

My only concern is that it will be too big at the underbust (and perhaps even the hip). Try it on when it arrives to be sure. If that is the case..the 345 or 411 in a in a size 30 should work.

4. Christina Nogueras

I feel like I more than fit the CS-426 lol but im not sure what size I need.

Under Bust: 46.5 inches

Waist: 47 inches

Hips: 58 inches

Torso: 14 inches (from under bust to belly button)

5. Pingback: The Orchard Corset Blog » Corset 101: An In-Depth Look at the CS-426

6. Cierra Pedersen

Hello my name is Cierra I am very interested in waist training and I am so fascinated by the CS-426!!!!! But I’m worried my body type won’t match?! Any suggestions in what size/style to order??
    I’m new at this ;)

Underbust: 38
    Waist:40
    Hips:43
    Underbust to hip: 11.5

7. pam

Hello, I am interested in waist training after I deliver my baby. Would you suggest a corset or your post partum products? In addition to a hour glass shape (I’ve always looked boxie even when thin) I want something long term I can use and that won’t cause my back flab (near the shoulders) to protrude.

Hi Pam,

We recommend a latex or spandex compression cincher immediately after giving birth (as your body often changes rapidly and it is difficult to determine corset size) for about 6-8 weeks and then move into a steel boned corset.

8. Lynn

Hi, my torso length seems to be barely 9 inches, so should I look for corsets for a short torso? I’m 5’5″ if that helps…

1. Lynn

oh wait is cause I’m not sure if I have to measure standing up or sitting down, cause when I’m sitting down it measures 9 inches even if I sit straight, but when I’m standing up it measures 12… sorry for the confusion :$

9. Katie

Hi, I’m new to this corset stuff and would love to get one, preferably the CS-426 but I’m no expert. My underbust is 34″, my waist is 33″, and my upper hip is 40″. Please help!

10. Alexandria

Hi! :) I love the 426 and have been wondering if it could work for me. I 5’5″ and my measurements are waist-33″, underbust-34 1/2, and top of hip is 42″. If I am measuring correctly, which I am pretty sure I am, my waist height is just under 12″.

11. Sara

Hello I was looking good to buy a corset from the website. I’m new to waist training My measurements are: underbust-34 Waist-32 and hips-38 torso 9 weight-180 and height 5’8

12. niasha

Hello I was looking good to buy a corset from the website. I’m new to waist training and I have just gotten together the money to purchase my first corset. My measurements are 34 inches underbust, 36 at the waist, 40 at the upper hip and 11 and 1/2 inch torso.. I do have quite a bit of flab on my stomach and a pooch so I measured below my pooch for the upper hip measurement. What size corset should I purchase?

13. Kim

Hi Cheri,
    I’m really interested in the CS-411 & was wondering what size to get… My measurements are: underbust-29. Waist-26 and hips-34 weight-130 and height 5’6 . I have a 22 in corset currently and can now fully lace it and am ready to go down another size, however I was wondering if I could skip from 20 to 18 in? When I started out with the 22in corset I was 28in naturally in my waist and had no problem fitting it. Please let me know what you think, thanks :)

1. Kim

Also wanted to mention even though I’m pretty lean all over my stomach is a little more on the “squishy” side…

Hi Kim,

You will find a huge difference between the 20 and the 22 (I have no problem with a 22, but absolutely cannot do a 20)-so I would recommend the drop to a 20.

14. Daphne

Hello Cheri,

Like Keira, I too appreciate the same type of figure. Where we may differ is that I have a Diastasis recti that I am trying to close naturally without surgery. While exercising using Tupler technique and zumba combined, I wear a rubber waist cincher for the flexibility. But when exercise is over, I’d like to continue bringing my transverse muscles back together via corset waist training. These are my measurements….

– Midline of bust to a comfortable sitting length11.5
    – bust circumference 34
    – under the bust circumference 29
    – Lowest bottom of rib/ waist circumference 25 & 1/2
    – Fleshy waist circumference 24
    – Start of hip bone circumference 32
    – Mid hip circumference 34
    – Lowest hip/bottom circumference 36 &1/2
    – Largest part of thigh 20 & 1/2 circumference (read somewhere on line that the thigh measurement was a good goal to aim for as a waist goal, is this true?)

What silhouette size would you recommend?

Any advice or suggestions on waist training are welcomed. Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,
    Daphne

Hi Daphne,

I think a size 20 in the CS-305, or the 411 might also work for you! (actually probably anything except the 426). And I have not heard that about the thigh..but interesting :)

15. kiera

Dear Cheri. I am interested in purchasing one of your corsets for waist training. I have watched the videos and I’m still having a hard time deciding with all the choices and my particular situation. I am 5’7″ 137 lbs definitely more firm than soft. I exercise avidly and am working on building muscle mass in my lower body. I have a very wide, almost masculine back and, my ribs are also very wide. Bringing in my waist, floating, and lower ribs and perfecting my posture is my goal, as I appreciate a very full lower body on a woman. I would like to achieve a sharper inverted v ontop of a bubble shape, a la the Kardashians, as opposed to a longer softer s-shaped hourglass. My measurements are as follows.

Underbust 34
    Waist 29
    Top hip 35.5
    Full hip 37
    Midline of bust to (what I assume is a comfortable length) 11.5
    Side of under bust to too of hip(straight drop)
    11.5

I appreciate any help you may be able to offer…it is also necessary for me to care for a small child while wearing my corset so I would prefer to err on the side of comfort as far as bottom length is concerned. I do not have a “pooch”.

Thank you.
    Kiera

Hi Kiera,

I think a size 24 in the 411 but worn uupside down might be a good fit for you. You will need a wider underbust to make the corset fit until you have trained your lower ribs down a bit. You have the length for the longline but not the hip measurement for it.

16. jo thom

Hello, I’m very interested in corset /waist training. I’m 5″10 my torso is long. I Dont know my waist inches other than I wear 50 in men’s jeans and 28 in plus sized women. can you kind of direct me on a patg.?

17. Pingback: Corset 101: An In-Depth Look at the CS-426 | Orchard Corset Blog

18. Shamita

Hey Cheri,

I am very much interested in CS 426. I really want to try it! I have the length for the torso. But I am not sure if I have the right body measurements to fit into it. I am 32″ (udder bust), 27.5″ (weist) and 36″ (upper hip). it would be of great help if you can advice me on this. If I am fit to wear it, then please advise me a size for this model of corset.

Thank you so much!

Hi Shanita,

I think you could make that work in a size 22. You will find that the bottom will probably close up more than the rest of the corset, but not so much it should be a huge problem. You could also look at the CS-345.

1. Shamita

Hi again Cheri,

Thank you so much for the reply. I have checked out CS 345 like you have advised. I have seen that it only has16 steel bones compared to 24 bones in CS 426. So my only concern is whether CS 345 will be as effective as CS 426.

Thanks

19. Stacey

Hello! Can you please tell me if the 426 is a good corset for me? My measurements are as follows: 31.5″ Underbust, 30.5″ waist, 37.5″ Upper Hips, 40″ Hips

Hi Stacey,

If you have the length, you shouldn’t have any trouble with the 426. I suggest a size 24. You will find the bottom edge closes up more so than the rest of the corset. Once you train your waist down further you will be able to move into a size 22 which will fit better everywhere else. The CS-345 might be a really good alternative before then.

1. Doaa

Dear Orchad
        My sized in centimeters are as following
        underbust 77 cm, waist 74 cm, hips 95 cm
        Can I wear this corset? and which size can I order
        Please help me out, since i am a tourist here in Ny and I wanna order it as soon as possible since im staying for short period.

Hi Doaa,

The store in New York does not carry all the same products (nor do they have the same prices) as our online store. If you are planning to purchase from the store in New York, they can size you. A size 24 in the 345 would be a great fit. You will need to size down to a 22 in the 426 in order for it to fit everywhere else, but that may be too much at the waist.

1. Doaa

Dear chéri. . Yes I wanna buy it online that’s why I sent you my measurement. .. but I really like 426, will it b comfy to me because I don’t know how to measure my , and from previous reviews I understand that 426 doesn’t fit anybody.. but me I want longline since my lower belly grows fast… can you clarify to me will it b good to me and which size?

The video in this blog shows you how to measure your torso for the 426. I mention the 345 because you don’t have a lot of curve and I think it would be a better fit for you (and you don’t have to be as long..but it is long right in the front).

20. Jacqui

Hi Cheri,

I am looking to purchase my first corset. My goal is to reduce my waist and also reduce my slight mothers apron. My measurements are 38 ub, 36 waist and 45 hip. With a length to my upper hip of 13. What type/size do you suggest in cotton? Is the 411 long enough to help reduce my mother’s apron? Or will it make it worse? I have been exercising and eating healthy as well.

Thanks for the information!

Hi Jacqui,

I am not sure that even with length you will be able to reduce the mother’s apron as I believe that is primarily skin (as opposed to inside soft tissue, etc that the corset reshapes) You will likely notice the reduction while corseted, but not once you remove the corset. Also depending on how low the apron is, shapewear under your corset might work better for that. If the 45″ is your upper hip, you should be able to wear the 426 in a size 30. If that is your full hip and your upper is smaller..you might need to size down to a 28 to make that work. As for the 411, also a 28 or 30 depending on how soft vs firm you are

21. photoj

I need help in ordering a corset please. I’ve watched the videos am I’m still unsure on sizing. I am 5′ 1/2″, 128 pounds, 33″ waist, 32″ under bust, 35″ upper hip. When I measured my torso length is is right on the border between 10.5″-11″ and the tape moves when I sit down so I’m unsure if the 426 would be uncomfortable. I wear an under bra upper spanx every single day, I have a nasty little fat apron I can’t get rid of and this helps suck it in. I’m worried about upper back fat coming out the top and under abdominal fat coming out the bottom if I don’t get the longer corset. I plan to wear for waist training. I’m tired of my midsection resembling a box.

Hi Jennifer,

I think with those measurements you will a size 26 or 28 in the 305 depending on how soft vs firm you are. If you want the 411…you will probably need to size down to a 26. The 426 will be too big at the top and bottom edge for you.

22. Lakisha Green

Hi Cheri,

I am thinking of ordering the 426 not sure if I want the leather or the satin. I just had a baby she is 5 months by C-Section, my measurements are:
    Underbust-36
    Waist-36
    Upper Hip-40
    Length-8
    What size should I get with the satin or the leather

Hi Lakisha,

I think you will want a size 30 in the 411 or the 305. I am worried your torso might almost be too short for those. We do have an even shorter corset that should be available in the next month or so (we hope :)

1. Lakisha

Okay can you tell me which may be more comfortable the satin or the cotton I am trying to get my weight down to 160 I’m at 208 now and I will try to wear the corset during work hours since I won’t be sleeping in it. I work 10 hour shifts just wondering which material would be better and also it seems the satin is the most popular is there a reason in your opinion

23. brandi

I just got my cotton 426 in a 36. Natural waist is a plus 42. I got the long as I am 6’2. I tried it on and it is protruding at the hip. So much so that I can’t tuck it under clothes and it just hangs out. I followed the video on tying it but I can’t get the bottom tight so it won’t protrude out. Can you help me with this? Should I of gotten the regular kind?

Hi Brandi,

It would help to have the rest of your measurements (underbust and upper hip) along with your waist. It could be that your hips are too small for this style of corset.

1. brandi

Sorry about that.

42″ underbust
        42″ waist
        49″ upper hip
        12.2″ torso

height 6’2

I purchased a 36 CS426 cotton longline.

Hi Brandi,

With those measurements and adding in your length…I definitely think you will do better in a size 34. You may still find that the bottom is able to close more easily until you are able to train yourself down into a 32 :)

24. Pingback: Corset 101: Firm vs Squishy | Orchard Corset Blog

25. Shy

I just measured my torso (under right breast frm the mid down to hips) is 13inches. So will cs-426 suits me best or 411?? cox i just delivered my baby via c-sect and i have an extra skin hanging below my belly. My height is 5.3feet.

underbust 34.2inc
    waist-38.9inc
    hips46.06inch

1. Erica

What size do I needs please Cheri? UB:40, Waist: 41 hips: 46 or 49 ??? I have a lot of flabby bulge after 2 c sections and twins last pregnancy really stretched my skin?

Help!!!

26. Elyssa

Hello! I stand for at least 12 hours a day. I have a baking job and a serving job. Would the 426 be too restricting for daily wear?

27. Ikeshia

Hi,
    I have been thinking about buying my 1st corset to begin waist training. I am a truck driver so I’m sitting and bouncing all day. I’m not sure how comfortable the cs 426 would be but thats the one I really want to cover all the back bulge and tummy and my measurement are
    37.5″ underbust
    39″ waist
    45″ hips

28. Rosa C.

Alright !
    Thank you very much for all your help….now I’ ready to place my order, and while I wait, I’ll be watching at your videos and reading reviews so I won’t feel all lost when my corsets finally arrive. ; )
    Have a wonderful weekend .
    Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys at OC !

29. Rosa C. Cardenas

Hi there !
    My name is Rosa C. and I’m a novice to corsets.
    I already watched your video and now I know that I can easily wear the CS-426…. Yaaaay !….my questions are : which size should I order ? and since I’m planning to wear corsets as much as I can, which styles / fabrics should I get ?…. I am mostly interested in the under bust / long type ( Love the one Cheri is wearing in the video, by the way )….Can you please give me some advice ?

I’m a little over 5’9 and these are my measurements :

Bust 44 1/2
    UB 36 1/2
    Waist 34
    UH 42
    Hips 46

Thank you sooooo much in advance for your time. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Have a wonderful week : )

Hi Rosa,

Welcome to OC! I think a size 26 would work well for you in the 426. The cotton is great for daily wear, but really they are all lovely. The brocades and cotton are sturdier and take longer to break in. The leather is very strong but breaks in almost immediately. The satin feels wonderful, but I wouldn’t recommend wearing everyday as satin is not as durable.

1. Rosa C.

Hi Cheri !
        Thank you so very much for getting back to me this fast.
        Now, I’m ready to place my first order… Yaaay !….I’m super excited !!!
        Just one more question….are your corsets suitable to be worn under clothes as well ?…..sorry….I guess I have to go through all your posts to learn more, haven’t I ?…..again, thank you so much for taking the time to help me out ….looking forward to become a loyal OC customer ; )

They are! But we recommend wearing a camisole or fitted tank under your corset to help protect from body oils, etc as your corset cannot be washed (only spot cleaned or dry clean…but we have a video blog on that as well)

1. Rosa C.

Hello again Cheri,
            Tonight I was ready to place my order, but reading the description of the 426 in lambskin leather I noticed that in there it is suggested to go down 4 to 6 inches of my natural waist which is 34….you suggested a 26…..wouldn’t it be too small for me?….just double checking ’cause I’m more than ready to get my corsets and embark myself in this journey of waist training…..so exited !
            You’ve been such a doll and I want to thank you again for taking the time to get back to me. I ready appreciate it.
            Have a wonderful day !

Hi Rosa,

The leather 426 runs a little big (the leather is more forgiving than other fabrics) and so I think the 26 will be just fine. Read the reviews and you will see what I mean :)