Which Corset is Best For Me?

Choosing the Right Corset:

There is no ONE right answer

Hello OC Blog Readers! Cheri here again with some insight into a very common question we get here at Orchard Corset: “Which corset do you suggest for me?”  We often struggle to answer this question, because without some detailed information from our customer, it’s very difficult to choose.

Each person has their own unique set of circumstances: body type, torso length, desired results, level of experience, occasional use vs specific use vs waist training…and even more variables with an overbust corset. I will attempt in this blog to lay out the differences side by side in our 3 most popular underbust corsets: CS-411, CS-426 and CS-305.

Corset Comparison

First let me say that one is not better than the others; they each have something unique to offer. Of course, one could definitely be better for you than the others-which is really what we are here to figure out! What they have in common is each is made with flat and spiral steel bones, front split busks, all metal grommets, and lacing guards. The 305 and 411 are standard length corsets-about 10-11 inches at the front and back and 8-9 inches along the side. The 426 is a longline corset and measures 13-14 inches at the front and back and 12 inches along the side (Can I wear the 426?). This doesn’t mean if you have a long torso you have to buy the 426, nor does it mean if you are 5’4” tall you must buy a 411 or 305. If you have a very short torso, the 426 could be uncomfortable for you to wear.

Double Steel Boned Black Satin Corsets: CS-426 and CS-411

Double Steel Boned Black Satin Corsets: CS-426 Longline and CS-411 Standard

Personally, I can wear all 3 comfortably. I prefer the 411 because I have more freedom of movement. Some women complain about the back bulge from the lower riding 411 (especially for longer, full figured gals). I don’t have any problems with that, or I would probably prefer the 426. I am very curvy, so the 411 suits me better than the 305, but I can wear the 305 and in the leather (it’s VERY comfortable).

Lace_up_brown_leather_corset

CS-305 Single Boned Brown Leather

If you are looking to undertake a rigorous waist training regiment, either of the double boned corsets would work best (411 and 426). Many people wear corsets for back support-all 3 of these would work great for that. Your decision might then be determined by your torso length and level of curve.

Red_Plaid_steel_boned_underbust_corset

CS-411 Red Plaid Underbust Corset

Many of our corsets have beautiful prints and designs-maybe you are looking for an exotic club look or attending a costumed event. Than that’s an easy choice-if it fits it the right corset for you! We have super cute plaids, pinstripes and even denim. All of our corsets are available in our high strength, high shine satin. The 426 and 305 are also available in leather, and the 411 and 426 in polyester: pinstripe, brocades and plaids.

336 thoughts on “Which Corset is Best For Me?

1. Danielle Lowe

Hi Cheri! I am looking into buying a cs-530 corset for costuming purposes, but I need some help with sizing. Could you recommend a size for me? Thank you!
    My dimensions are…
    Bust – 44
    Under Bust – 38
    Waist – 35
    Hip – 43
    Height – 5’7

2. ciara l

Hello I need help!! Bust 41″ waist 41″ upper hip 48″ torso 13.5 ” which corset would be best for me?

3. Farah Hasan

Hi I have never worn a corset before and i am new to corset training. Please advise me what kind of corset i should order and i would like to order before the sale gets over.at orchard corsets.

I would prefer an Under bust corset.

My Dimensions are:
    Bust – 33 inches
    Under Bust – 29.5 inches
    Waist – 28.5 inches
    Upper Hip – 36 inches
    Lower Hip – 37 inches
    Torso – 11.5 inches

Height – 5ft almost 6 inches

I would like to reduce my waist size to 23 inches and I have love handles thus would like to reduce my hip size to 33 inches or also.

Please help i will order ASAP.

4. Cheyenne

I read that wearing a corset helps you change your eating habits and it’ll slim you plus it helps with posture. I’m not trying to start waist cinching just hoping to slim down and avoid back issues. I still need to take my measurements but what would you recommend for everyday wear for this?

Hi Cheyenne,

Choosing the right corset is really a matter of knowing your measurements so we can determine your natural and pair that with the best corset. The easiest to wear as a novice are the 301, 201 and 301 (unless you have lots of natural curve) and 345.

5. Keiara

Hello I am interested in getting a corset for waist training. I have recently ordered a waist trainer from another site and it seems that it would fit if the strings are longer, but maybe I’m wrong because on your site it says order 6 sizes below natural waistline size. Long story short I’m 5’9 245 pounds natural waist is a 40 under bust is 39.5 and upper hip is a 44. Will the 426 be best for me in a size 34?

Hi Keiara,

In the 411 I would suggest a size 34. In the 426 (assuming you have the length) you will need to size down to a 30…and you will still find you have a bit of a ( ) shape to your laces.

6. Marlene Zieah

Hi I’m 5’6 125 lbs 34C bra natural waist is 26 but I wear 27 in jeans. Torso is not short at all but not considered long. Looking for hourglass shape and better posture. If you need me to take actual measurements I can do that :) thanks!

7. Jessica

Hey Cheri, hoping to get some advice from you!
    I’ve been eyeing the 301 for a little while now, but I’m looking to waist train and not sure if this is actually particularly suitable for it. I know the 411 is, but my concern is that I’m working as a nurse and I might not get enough movement in it. I’ve also looked at the 201 and am wondering if this may be more suitable.

My sizes are waist 24 inches, upper hips 31.5 and underbust is 27.5

Thank you!

8. alannah

Hi there,
    Im about to start waist training for the first time and was looking for a bit of assistance with choosing a corset .
    My measurements are:
    Height: 5ft6
    Weight 138 pounds
    Underbust 31″
    Waist 30″
    Hips 36″
    -Alannah

9. Marlys

Hello, I’m want to buy a corset however I’m not sure what would be the best one for me.
    Height 5’0
    Weight 109 pounds
    Waist 30 inches
    Torso is about 8 or 9 inches long
    I’m petite.
    Marlys

10. Charl

What overbust corset (if any) would fit my body? My bust is 36, waist is 23 and hips are 34. I have yet to find any overbust that allows for that 13+ inch difference between bust and waist :(

11. Miss Taylor

Hi there!! My husband and I are both interested in corset waist training. I’ve combed your site looking for any direction to take when attempting to train a male’s waist to be more feminine. I’ve found a few hints on other sites, but I’ve very much enjoyed your company and quality of your products. He ordered a corset from you before about 2 weeks ago, and upon trying it on, the front bottom point didn’t touch his tummy at all – from the belly button down, no matter how I tied it. I can only assume that he provided wrong measurements/ descriptions for what he needed as a male trying to achieve a feminine figure rather than a feminine figure to begin with. He is a very manly man – 6’2″ with broad shoulders, small hips in comparison. I have all of his measurements, and I’m wondering what our options are…

Underbust: 40in
    Where we want a feminine waist: 38in
    Where his male waist is: 38.5in
    Hips(where the corset would end): 37in.
    Distance from Underbust to Fem. Waist:4.5-5in
    Distance from Underbust to current Male Waist: 8in
    Distance from Underbust to end of Corset: 10.5in

I know that aside from a completely customized corset, we are likely limited in options, however I was wondering if you could provide any insight for us if you have any products that could be of any help with our requests as newbies to this type of training.

I will also be investigating which corset works best for me. Emailing me is also a great way to be in touch with me, as I’m very diligent with checking my email.

Thank you for any answers you are able to provide for me!! Pictures are also available if you would like a better visual of what we are dealing with/what we would like the final transformation to resemble.

Thanks Again,
    Miss Taylor

Hi Miss Taylor!

It sounds like your husband has a fairly short torso for his height? The 305 is usually your best bet as a man for corseting (at this time). I think a size 32 worn upside will work best for him (as he needs more curve at the top then at the bottom). The cotton is sturdier than the other fabrics in this particular corset style. We are working on developing a “male” corset but are a ways out on that!

1. Miss Taylor

Okay, thank you so much!! I will see what he has already ordered and will see if it could work better upside down! I may also need a little help with mine, as well.
        I’m 5’4, and I have an extreme arch in my back, making my tummy stick out further in the front and my booty stick out further in the back. Most of the corsets I’ve worn in the past have given me the love handles (even when I was fairly thin). I have always been proportionately curvy, but would like more definition and redistribution, which is why I would also like to try waist training. My current measurments:
        Underbust: 34.5
        Waist: 31
        Hips: 38
        I’m contemplating a 426 in a 24 as I am very similar to “Nat,” but I worry that I’m jumping in too deep for my first waist training corset. I’ve really never had one on for an entire day before…. I believe I have enough squish in my tummy below my natural waist, but a 411 might also work for me – I just don’t want the muffin top bulge…. haha!! Thank you for all of your help – I know it must be difficult having so many people asking for your opinion all the time!!

12. Barbara Street

I would like to get a corset. But need help with the sizing. I am 5’5″ and squishy lol
    Under Bush is 40
    Waist is 39
    Upper hip is 44

13. Nat

Hi there! I’m ready to add waist training to my daily regimen. I’m leaning towards the 426 for its curve level, but seeing that I’m a newbie to this I’d hate to get the sizing wrong because that’s totally something I would do. I’d would absolutely appreciate any help I can get! Also, what’s your take on cotton vs satin? My measurements are below:

Height: 5’4″
    Weight: 155lbs
    Underbust: 33″
    Waist: 31″
    Hips: 38″
    Torso: 13″

Thanks a bunch!

Hi Nat,

I think you could make the 426 work in a size 24 if you are squishy enough. Otherwise a 411 in a size 24 or 26 (depending on firm vs soft factor). Even in the 24, you will find the 426 closes quicker at the bottom.

1. Nat

Thank you Cheri! I just received mine and find that the sides are sticking out rather noticeably. Is that a sizing issue, or is it not tight enough at the bottom?

14. Laura

I was hoping you could help me choose a corset. I’m a beginner not looking to waist train and I currently own a WKD DD+ Sophia corset in a 22, but it laces up in a V. I think it’s my ribcage that’s in the way because the DD+ seems to accommodate my bust reasonably well. My measurements are:

Bust: 35.5
    Underbust: 30
    Natural waist: 26.5
    Hips: 34.5

I’m short at 5’3 with a correspondingly short torso, weigh 115 lbs and don’t have much room to squish. I’m open to an underbust corset but would love to be free of bras, on which I’m compelled to spend a fortune (UK bra size 28G).

Hi Laura,

We have a new overbust corset that will be available in a few weeks (cs-530) and it might work for you..but with a G cup I am not so sure. In an underbust,, I would suggest a size 22 in the 411 or 305.

15. Megan

I have been really wanting to order one of your corsets, but they all seem so long (with the exception of the waist cinchers, which really don’t provide that classic corset sillouette). It’s not just OC, but it seems like the OTR corset market as a whole has catered to every demographic, including plus sizes and transgender, but women under 5′ 5″ have been completely ignored in the market. Are there any plans to come out with a petites line so that more women can wear the true underbusts like 426 and 345?

Hi Megan,

I have a prototype 426 short version (about 2 inches shorter than the current model). Depending on your torso length, perhaps that will work for you? :)

1. Megan

The problem for me is the 13″ center length of some of the corsets. I have a short pelvis, so even if they fit from bust to lap, the minute I sit down the center seam digs between my crotch (sorry, that was graphic)!

16. Nicole Bergstrom

Hi!
    I have spent the last couple of days going through most of these posts and I have decided to invest in my very first corset for waist training at the end of the month. Since I’m a complete newbie, I thought I’d ask for advice regarding size and model though;

Underbust: 32″
    Waist: 30″
    Upper hip: 40″
    Torso length: 12″

And I have a very squishy belly. Which corset and size do you think would work for me?
    Thank you in advance! :)

17. Ashley

I’m looking to order a corset but want to make sure I order the correct size
    Under bust : 30″
    Waist: 30″
    Upper hip: 31″

Interested in fbs CS411
    Thanks -Ashley

18. Mary-Ann

Firstly, thank you for all the amazing info this blog & videos provide! I’m a corset virgin & am looking for one to support my slipping ribs, but would love to waist train also. I have a large ribcage, under breasts is 35″. Waist 32″ & upper hip 37″. My torso length is 10″. My job requires me to sit, so I’m assuming I need something shorter. I’d appreciate your advice on which ones would be my best options.
    Thanks again,
    Mary-Ann

19. melissa

Hi I am wanting to order a corset but want to make sure I get the correct fit for my body

Under Bust 36.5″
    Waist 35″
    Top Hip 44″
    Torso 11″
    Height 5′ 7″

Very squishy

20. Ronnie

Hello! I see the 305 and 411 are short to standard in length. Is there another suggestion for ladies under 5’4″? I’m 5′ even.

21. Erica

I would like to order the 426 for everyday waist training, im wondering wich would be better for every day under clothes, satin or leather ?

22. kassy

Hi im looking to buy a corset my underbust is 28 my hip is 31 and my waist 25
    Im so 5 “6 tall but i dont have.such a long torso
    What kind of corset would you recommend

23. Lizz

Hi Cheri. I want to purchase a corset from your company for daily waist training and back support but need a little direction on the sizing. My underbust is 31 1/2. My natural waist is 36. My upper hip is 39. I am 5’4 when I stand on my left foot and 5’5 standing on my right due to scoliosis. Also if it helps i am 157lbs size 6. Thank you very much for you help.

Hi Liz,

You may find your corset sits crooked on you depending on how it lands on your hips. With your underbust so much smaller than your waist, I think the CS-301 will be your best bet…in a size 30. You could try the 305 or 411, but I fear either will be really roomy at the top edge.

1. Lizz

I appreciate you replying so soon! I wanted to ask if you think I’d be terribly uncomfortable with a 28 in the CS 301? Would I have to worry about warping it or stuff hanging out the sides and over the top? I had a baby last summer and I’m nursing so I have to admit that ive been snacking quite a bit and Indulging in carbonated beverages and the weight goes straight to my belly…almost like bloating/water weight. I guess my concern is, I stop drinking soda for this month and then next month my midsection measures smaller and the 30 you recommended needs to be go down a size sooner than expected. Thank you again.

I do not think the 28 will be too uncomfortable..just season carefully so as not to damage the corset. You may have some “spillage” depending on how long your torso is. The problem with the longer corsets is that your smaller underbust will be a big factor in the fit (as corsets are designed with the top edge several inches bigger than the waist-in an hourglass)

1. Lizz

Hi Cheri!
            I tried my CS 301 corset for the first time today and it was too big. I was able to tighten it up all the way. When I first measured my waist it was 36 now its 33… my underbust is 311/2 and upper hip is 39. I sent it back today to exchange for a smaller size (28) I just want to make sure that is the best choice. I think whats happening is im shedding baby weight but bloat easily. (My pre-baby jean waist was 28in) I guess now my concern is will the CS 301 in a 28 be much more of a difference if the CS 301 in a 30 closed all the way? Should I get a 26? Thank you for your advice :-)

24. Rosalind

Hi Im 5’1″, 190lbs. My measurements: underbust 36
    35 waist
    37 upper hip
    44 lower hip
    11 side ub to upper hip
    13 torso ub to pelvic
    I am a squishy type lol. What corset would you recommend for waist training? I would love to get. 25in waist.

25. shana

I called your customer service to get information on ordering a corset on 7/6/14. I gave my measurements to the operator who was very helpful (underbust 34, natural waist 31, upper hip 36 and torso length 9). I am 5’5, 150 lbs. I am seeking to reduce 3-4 inches. I was told I should order a 24 in the 411, 345, 201, or 301. I ordered the 411 and received it today. I did not feel like I could cinch the corset all the way at the top nor get the panel all the way across. I did get it snug and wore it for 2 hours today. I like the way it cinches in my waist and hope it can help with my belly. I work out regularly and hope this helps flatten my belly more. I plan to wear it 2-3 hours 2xs a day over the next couple weeks to season it. Do you think I will be able to cinch it in further as time goes on or should I exchange for a larger size? Also do you think I should try a smaller size in the mesh wasp corset?

If you have only worn for a couple of hours..then yes. Usually you close another couple of inches just with seasoning the corset. Ideally you your modesty panel to just reach the other side when your corset is new and unseasoned. As for the mesh…figure out where this corset will season to-the mesh seasons pretty much instantly. IF you still have several inches..than a 24 in the mesh should be fine. If you are under 2-3 inches before closing than drop to a 22.

26. Alice

Hi I am interested in waist training. I really like the 426 & 411 corsets. My measurements are undertbust- 30, waist- 28, hip- 34, torso- 11. Which corset do you think would work best for me?

27. Jenny

Hi, I am looking into buying a CS-301 (can’t resist that sale!!) and it would be my first corset. I am 4’11″ with a shorter torso, my waist is 23 1/2″, underbust 30″, and upper hips are 29″. My goal is to reduce by about 3 inches, I’m looking at getting a size 18… do you think that would be the best size/style to get? Thank you so much!!

Hi Jenny,

Is the 30″ your underbust or your full bust? That is quite a dramatic difference-and makes your upperhip smaller than your underbust. A size 18 won’t work I don’t think with a 30″ underbust.

28. Asjis

I have a question this is my first time thinking about waist training and one I Do not know how to measures myself properly and I need some assistance.

29. Chantal

Hello cheri i need help choosing the right one I’m 5′ 7″ with love handles my natural waist line is 30 underbust is 32 and hip line is 33 which one would you recommend?

30. Shant'a

Hi I need help choosing the right corset for me. I’m leaning towards the CS-411 but I want to be totally sure what the best one would be or ideal one would be. I am a B-28, W-27.5, UpH-32, LoH-36.5 is there any suggestions?

31. Michelle

I need help in purchasing the correct size corset please.

I am 4′ 10″
    UB: 34
    W: 33
    UH: 38

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

32. Melissa

I like the 426 but I think it will be to uncomfortable for everyday like chores .work. just being at home cleaning. And I think the 345 will come up to high on my hip and my muffin top will on the side will pop out. Please help me pick a corset mainly I have a lot of fluff on my hips.

33. Melissa

Hi I’m interested in buying a corset for the first time. My ub is 38 waist36 hip47 torso11.5 .I’m really interested in the 411 will it work on me?

That will depend on how far from your waist you are measuring 47″. The 411 will drop about 5″ below your natural waist line..so if you wanted to take your high hip from there and see if it is any smaller?

34. Aniesha

I am If looking to undertake a rigorous waist training regiment but im not sure if im curvy enough accommodate the 411

35. Maria Medina

Hello! Could you please recommend a corset for me?
    Underbust-33′
    Bust-39′
    Waist to underbust 3 1/2-4′
    Iliac’s crest-35′(not sure if I’m measuring in the right area bc hips 5′ down from waist measures 33′??) Underbust to lap -10′
    underbust to lap 7′

I am going to be using it to waist train and prefer an underbust. Something very, very sturdy! Thank you!

Hi Maria,

I just want to clarify your underbust to lap-as you have both 10″ and 7″ for that measurement. I am thinking probably a size 24 in the 301-but the 345 or the 305 will work if you have the 10″.

1. Maria Medina

I’m sorry! Typos, typos lol. Under waist to lap is 7′ okay! Thank you so much for your quick response!

1. Maria Medina

2. Maria Medina

I have another question! I was leaning more towards the 345, but I am a mother of 2 and just had my 2nd 6 months ago. I have a baby pooch from 2 cesareans, I want something that will be able to hold in and cover it (if that makes sense) something long enough. Do you think the 345 would or can you recommend another?? Idk why it spread out the text like that! Sorry

Hi Maria-

Your original measurements you gave me : Underbust-33′
            Bust-39′
            Waist to underbust 3 1/2-4′
            underbust to lap 7′

You have underbust to lap 10″, followed by underbust to lap 7″. Wasn’t sure which was correctl

36. Liz

Hi
    I am wondering which corset and size would work well for me I would like something to do waist training with. I like the look of the 345. My measurements are as follows:
    underbust 42″
    waist 44″
    top hip 45″
    full hip 48″
    torso length 9.5″
    bust is a 18F
    I weight about 100 kilograms (sorry we measure in Kg’s in New Zealand so don’t know equivalent). I have plenty of padding but my gap between my top hip and my lowest rib only measures 1 1/2″ (I know I have a very short gap)

Thanks Liz

Hi Liz,

Well I know the 301 will work, a size 36 probably will be just about right. I am not so sure about the 345 with such a small gap. The 9.5″ is ok for that corset, but with hip and rib interference, it might not be comfortable. It’s a long way to ship so I wish I could be more helpful!

1. Liz

Hi I went with the 301 in a 36. It arrived on saturday and this is now the 3rd day of seasoning. When I do the tighten after about 1/2 an hour the is still about 1 1/2″ gap between the modesty panel and the back boning. Having said that … I can push the material with my hands and the lacing goes looser and the gap gets smaller, so maybe I am not lacing it as tight as I should be? Do you think this gap is ok or would you recommend I return and get a 38?

37. Isabella

Hi … I’ve been researching corsets for a while now. I have yet to make the commitment. I have to say your blogs and videos are extremely helpful. Now I just need to find one and make the purchase. I would like to know if you ever wear your corsets under your clothing? I’m in the nursing profession and I like the idea of the back support but would need to wear it under my scrubs or blouse. Do you have any suggestions that can point me in the right direction?

38. Nessa

Hi I am 5’1
    I weigh 181
    My waist is measuring 36.5
    My Bra size is 36C
    I want a corset to cover my waist and the bottom portion of my stomach.
    My under bust is a 33 1/2

Hi Nessa,

I will need your upper hip measurement as well to be sure, but I think a size 30 in the 345 if you have at least 9″ from underbust to upper hip.

39. Diveana

Hi! Sorry to bug you but I need your help. Please recommend me my size.
    Measurements:
    Under bust: 31.5
    Waist: 28
    Upper hips: 32
    I’m 5′ tall. Short torso.
    Thank you.

1. Diveana

Thanks Cheri! Firm I guess you can say. And is that corset good for waist training. I’m not very curvy but that’s what I want. To get that hour glass.

1. Diveana

Thank you so much Cheri for your help. I bought the one you recommended and it fits me perfect. I’ve been wearing it everyday for my waist training. I got the 301 in a 22. I’ve had it for almost two weeks, do you think I should buy another one in the same size to give the one I have a day or two of a break? Or would it be a bad idea to buy the 305 in a size 22 if it’s a different level and I’m waist training? Thank you so much!

A second corset (at least) if you are daily training is a very good idea. Not sure on the 305…it is longer than the 301 and less curvy (but if you have the length but not a lot of natural curve on your own-a good second corset).

40. Pingback: Corset 101: An In-Depth Look at the CS-426 | Orchard Corset Blog

41. Liliana Mendoza

Hello, may I please get help from you? I’m new to waist training. I just had a baby boy 3 weeks ago and I want to get started with waist training, I still have a lil pouch. I want to get rid of that and get my waist back =) Here are my measurements.

Under bust: 29 3/4″

Waist: 30″

Upper hip: 34 3/4″

Torso length:11.5″

Height: 5’1″

Hope to hear from you soon =)

42. Isabella Isaksson

Hi,

and thank you for a captivating site, waist training is completely new to me. :-)
    Please, could you help me out…I’m looking for a fitting corset, or maybe two…for waist training and I’m planning on wearing it a lot…and there’s a lot of info out there.
    Age shouldn’t be a problem right? I’m over 50.

I hope I got my measurements right:
    Underbust: 29,5″
    Waist: 29,9″
    Upper hip: 35,8″
    Torso length: 9,4″
    My length: 5’3″

I have started to workout and my measures will hopefully change, but that is in the future… :-)

Thank you for your help and wishing you all the best!

Regards from Isabella in Sweden

Hi Isabella,

And welcome! I think a size 24 in either the CS-411 or the new CS-345 will be great for you! The mini CS-301 might make a great second corset as well (perhaps the 345 and 301 or the 411 and the 301). I have short video blogs on the 301 and the 345 embedded available on the product pages.

43. Amy Tscharner

Please help me figure out the right corset!
    I’m now over 40, and carry a lot of my weight in my stomach. So I am quite squishy, I guess. And large in the chest (32G). I’d like to start waist-training, and if I am measuring right (under bra strap bottom mid-breast to hip line?) am short in the torso. Measured myself at 30″ under bust, 31″ at 2 inches about belly button but about 34 mid-belly, and then 37″ at hip top. Measured torso length at nearly 10″ from just under bra line, mid-breast, to hip line directly underneath. I’m 5’3″ and used to have quite an hourglass, and would love to again.
    Thanks!
    amy

44. Charlene

Please advise what corset I should use. I am new to corset training.

Underbust – 39 1/2
    Waist – 43
    Upper hip – 46
    Height – 5ft 6in

45. Courtney Ellis

I submitted request to help me with size. You guys in the email said that you would recommend the 411. But in this article says that the 411 would cause back bulge and I don’t want that. I have a short torso and full figured about 180 weight height 5’1. Hope this makes since

If your torso is short enough, it may ride high on you like a 426 does on others. You can help reduce that by not over cinching the top of the corset. The Vedette 941 works well for that as well.

46. Gabs

Can you help me with mine?

Underbust=45

waist= 46 1/2

Upper hip =50

I am 5’8
    I weigh 245

Is there one I should get?

47. Cynthia

I’m sorry that you didn’t understand me. My under bust is 40 & my upper hip is 50 & I am 5’9.

Hi Cynthia,

With a those measurements (40, 48 and 50) I think the 301 (despite being very short) will work best as your underbust is several inches smaller than your waist-in a size 38.

48. Cynthia

Hello, I’m new to wearing a corset. I’m not sure what size to get or long or shorter. I do know that I would like a internist. Please help internist 39 1/5, waist 48 1/2, hip 60 inches &I’m 5’9.

Hi Cynthia,

I am not sure what you mean. I do need your underbust measurement as well to help size you. Also, is the 60″ your full hip? What I will need is your upper hip.

49. justina

Hello, here’s a quick question!
    I am looking to purchase my first corset for waist training.
    I just took my measurements:
    Underbust:~28 inch.
    UpperWaist:~29 inch.
    LowerWaist:~33 inch.
    Hip:~36 inch.
    weight:~120lbs
    and I’m 5’4

Would the CS 4-26 style work for me? or CS 4-11? I am especially interested in the Corset cs 426 Maroon ”satin” underbust. but I don’t know if that’ll be the right one for a beginner like me? and also what size will be perfect for me if likely to get both? Thanks in advance

Hi Justina,

I am afraid the 426 will be curvy for you at this time. The best fit will be a size 24 in the CS-305, but you should be able to make the 411 work as well…it will just close more at the bottom than the top edge.

1. justina

Awww! Thanks alot for your help, That was so quick :) well, will rather just get CS 305 like you recommended then haha! Thanks again and do have a nice day there!!!!

50. brandi

/hi I’m wonder what size corset I should get I’m 5’6 chubby underbust is 38 waist is 31 hips are 42 if I check right I wear a size 16 pants I’m looking for something to reduce my waist I have a lot of squish to me

1. brandi

Yes that is my upper hip I have a lot of squishy fat in that area from Wweightloss and I’m looking for a longer corset. I had an underbust corset but can’t remember the sizing to it bumething to squish me down a good amount of inches

51. Jennifer

I am 5’8″ and I have a corset that seems similar to the 426 but it pokes me when I sit down and I have a muffin top back….It is uncomfortable to wear to work. I am looking at the 411 in a 22 inch do you think it will be more comfortable? I’m afraid that the 305 will be too short my waist is 10 inches. Please help. Thanks

Hi Jennifer,

The 411 and the 305 are essentially the same length-the 411 is curvier and has more boning. You might find you still have a bit of back bulge with the 411 as it hits just below the bra line.

52. kristen

Hi, I’m so excited to start training. I ordered the 426 in a 36. I am not curvy enough yet. I am exchanging for a 305 in 34. Will that help cover my lower belly pouch?

53. jene

Hi,

I wrote to you guys but my comment was deleted. My bust is 32 waist is 25/26 and hips is 36. I have a long torso and I wamt to get rid of small love handles. I was thibking of getting a cs426. What size should I get

54. jene

Hi.

Please help. I am interested in buying a corset but I am new to this. My measuremwnts are 32 chest, I have small boos lol. 25/26 waist, and 36/37 hips. I am 5’6. I have a long torso, pretty slim, and a lil love handles I want to get rid of. I think I need the cs 426 but I am not sure what size to get. Can you make a suggestion for me.

55. Kellee

Hi! I’m wondering what size might work for me. I’m 4’11, underbust 33 in, waist 32, hips 38. I used to be more of an hourglass naturally till I had twins now I have a pooch I’d like to disguise. Also thinking of waist training. Thanks!

Hi Kellee,

Welcome! I think a size 24 or 26 (depending on how firm vs soft you are–and if waist training is indeed your goal) in the CS-411 or 301 if your torso is under 10″.

56. Kristy

Hi I am 5’2″ and chunky lol. Which corset is best for trying to get an hour glass figure? Ub:44″, smallest waist:44″, widest waist:52.5″ and butt and thigh region including some belly is almost 53″…any help would be so awesome thanks

1. Kristy

Sorry and from the side under bust to top of my thigh is about 10″ the previous length measurements included my belly as well hehe ;) thnx..

Hi Kristy,

So I am thinking a size 36 in either the 301 or the 411, but it would be best to know what your natural waist measurement is (where your natural bend occurs).

57. Andrea

I am wanting to get an underbust corset. My measurements are 36-32-40. I am 5’10 and have a long torso. I am interested in the 411 and 426. Which corset/size should I start with?

Hi Andrea,

I just want to be sure the 36″ is your underbust (not your full bust) and the 40″ is your upper hip and not your full hip. If so you should work the 426 well in a size 26 (the 411 as well)

1. Andrea

Yes, those are my measurements :) I’m built like an amazon with a very large rib cage and a large, athletic build.without much “fluff”

58. Andrea

Hello Cheri,

I am looking to purchase my first corset for waist training. My measurements:
    underbust 29
    waist 28
    high hip 32
    torso length (from bottom of bust to top of thigh when seated) 8.7

I was thinking either the 411 or 301, but is the 301 going to give me less curve because it has 12 steel bones instead of 16 in the 411?
    Please advise me on which size and style I should be getting. Thanks for your help!

Andrea

59. waterhands20

Hi There all!

I accidentally posted my first comment without finishing my measurements. C you help me out with my measurements? I’m trying to find the right corset for me, already have one but the shape it’s laced in the back is not even close to being parallel. The laces almost close from the top, then the gap becomes wider as it goes all the way down (Like a triange literally). Need a corset that will also help with the lower pooch, or the ‘mommy pooch’, that developed after childbirth.

My measurements are:

Underbust- 31.5

Waist- 28.5

hip- 33

around my bottom (if it helps) 37.5

Thank you so much in advance!

60. Jen

Hi i was wanting to get the 426 but i am not sure if it will work for me my measurements are
    Underbust: 33 inches
    Waist: 35 inches
    Hips: 40 inches
    What style would you recommend and size? I have had two kids so i do have weight on my tummy. Thanks

Hi Jen,

Welcome! I think a size 28 in the 411 will work well for you. If you think you have the length for the 426, and are squishy enough to size down to a 26 you could try that.

61. Marion Star

I would like to purchase the style 426 corset, but my torso may not be long enough? I am 5 2″, under-bust 30, waist 26.5, hips 37. Not sure how to measure my torso. Thank you!

62. Monica McGhuey

Hi i would like to order a steel bone corset and I’m 5’4 and i measure at waist,38,under34,hip39…I’m interested in the CS-411 or CS -305. What size would you recommend for me i work out five days a week and is looking to make a change to my body. Thank-you

Hi Monica,

You will need to size down to a 30 for that to fit at your underbust. Either of those two should work for you (305 probably better)

63. Danielle

Hello,I just wanted to know when I waist train would leather be fine or should I use cotton instead..I already know wht corset I’m getting which is the 411size 32.. thank you:)

64. shela

Help! ;)
    I am ordering corset to waist train. My measurements are underbust 33 1/2, waist 35, high hip 38, torso from back to iliac crest 16, front underbust to stuff 10ish sitting. I’m 5’7″ with cushion in the middle. Which corset would you recommend I order…satin/cotton/leather, 411/426, size?

Hi Shela,

If you are looking for a daily waist trainer, I always recommend cotton. With your measurements, definitely the 411 (or 305) as you won’t have the hips to fill out the 426 (yet :). Probably a 26 as you have cushion in the middle :)

2. Sade

Hello,
      I am looking to purchase my first corset for waist training.
      I just took my measurements:
      Underbust:~37 inch.
      Waist:~37 inch.
      Hip:~41 inch.
      and I’m 5,4′.

Would the 4-11 style work for me? I am especially interested in the cotton underbust.

1. Milani

Hi I am a size 32D and a current waist of 28inches, I am 5’4 however I have a longer torso compared to my legs. Which size is best for me?

65. Monique

Hello Cheri,

I wrote a comment before but can’t find it. my measurements are :
    under bust 42.5
    waist 46.5
    hip 49.
    What style corset would you recommend as well as size? I’m 5″7 btw and and squishy lol

66. Monica

Hi I am new to all of this and am looking to get a couple corsets… my messurments are bust 34 waist 34 and hips 40… im so confused on where i should start.. i feel like the 426 seems like a good start because it will help the hips part but i don’t know.. please help thanks!

Hi Monica,

I am not sure you will be able to fill out the 426 (yet). I think a size 28 in the 411. You might be able to make the 426 work…but it will be close :)

67. Rebecca Christy

Hello, I am interested in waist training I am 5’4″ 39 under bust, 39/40 waist and 44 upper hip. I am pretty squishy especially in the tummy. ..waist to hip area. 11 inches from center under breast hits just brushing my thighs when sitting. What do you think will work for me?

68. Tamika Wilson

Hi I really need help with purchasing the right corset my measurements are
    36 1/2 waist
    31 bust
    38 upper hip
    I am 5’4

69. Akasia

Hi! I would like to start waist training so I was wondering which corset and size would be best for me. I was thinking about getting the CS-411, I have slight curves and want to define them more. Height: 5’2″, Underbust: 29, Waist: 25.4, Hips: 37.5

1. Akasia

To add to this, my upper hip is a 32.7 and I am now actually leaning more towards the CS-301 because my torso length is about 9 inches.

Hi Akasia,

If your natural waist is 25″ and your upper hip (as opposed to your full hip) you will want to check out our video blog to see if you have the torso length for the 426 and get that in a size 20.

70. Nikki

Hi!! I’m not sure if I measured correctly but I got 40-39-41. I’m 5’4″ and I’m a size 16 clothing and wear a H cup in bra. Which waist trainer would be good for me? I already have a latex vest size 40, but I’m looking for something to wear daily.

1. Nikki

I just got my corset and even with the ties almost completely loosened it doesn’t make it all the way around to close. Should I move up to a 32?

71. Chelsey

Hi! I’m looking to buy either the 426 or the 411 I’m 5’5″ measurements 28, 29, 30. I didnt have the proper measuring tape may i add it was a tape measure…And from under my breast down is like 10inch. I really want the 426 but wasn’t sure of I’m long enough….-Chelsey

Hi Chelsey,

I can almost guarantee the 426 will not work for you. You will do much better in the 305 or 301 size 22 or 24 depending on how accurate those measurements are and how soft vs firm you are.

72. Sarah

Hi, I’m interested in getting a 426 but am not sure what size to get. My measurements are
    Underbust- 35
    Waist- 32
    Upper hip- 42.5

I’ve had two babies so i’m not firm at all, and I’ll be using it for waist training. It also is not my first time wearing corsets, never for waist training though =). What is your recommendation?

Hi Sarah,

I think a size 26 or 24 (if you really think you are that squishy) will work in the 426 as long as you have the length for that corset.

73. laurenyelder

Hello!
    i wanted to get a corset for waist training but not sure which one would work best for me and what size to get. i am 5’11 and my measurements are my upper stomach is 28, mid stomach 30 and lower is 32.

74. Bianca

Hi, I’m Bianca I’m 5’6 and is interested in waist training. My measurements are: underbust 33, natural waist 32.5, and upper hip 36.5 My torso is about 10 in and I was wanting to try 426.

Hi Bianca,

The 426 will be too long and too curvy for I am afraid. Any of the other styles will work in a size 26 or 28 depending on how squishy vs firm you are.

75. Cassy

Hello, I’m 5′ 9″ my measurements are 36, 32.5, 46. What is the best corset style for my body type…I was thinking the 411?

76. Anne

Hi, I’m also very confused about which one I should get. I’m around 5’3″ with a 34″ underbust, 33.5″ waist, and 38″ upper hip. If I measure 11 in down from the center of my breast, it goes past my bikini line area (which implies that perhaps the 426 is too long for me?). I’m interested in waist training, so I’m guessing I might have to go with a 411 although I’m not sure about that and which size. Any help is appreciated :-)

1. Anne

Oh btw, by “center of the breast”, I mean measuring from the underwire of my bra, not the center of the cup. It’s also 12″ from my sternum down to the point perpendicular to my pelvic bone on either side.

Hi Anne

I think a size 26 or 28 in any style except the 426 will work for you. You will want to select between your sizing options based on how soft vs firm you are.

77. Sharon

Hello, my name is Sharon. I lost 85lbs@4yrs ago and managed to keep it off by eating healthy and daily exercise. I spend hours in the gym with moderate results in my abs. It’s time for something new. I am also new to waist training but don’t want to get the wrong size. My natural waist is 38, underbust is 34 & upper hip is 38. My torso is 11 incles long. I am 5’8″. What size should I get. Please help.

78. Rache

I just recently bought a size 28inch cs 411 but the curves seems too much in contrast with my hips ( I can see a gap present). I do love the silhouette and it does fit me well. Should I get a size 26 inch that would pull in the love handles more? My measurements are a 34 1/2 underbust is a 32 1/2 waist and 39 1/2 for my upper hip. Thank you!

Hi Rache,

With those measurements I would have recommended a 26…you should have plenty of hip for that to work. If you think you are quite squishy…you might even try a 24.

79. rebecca

Hi, I definitely need some help choosing the right corset. I have a long torso so I think the 426 would work for me. I usually have a size 36 waist but after some waist training with a different brand i seem to measure at about 35 now. I ordered a 32 from that other company but barely into breaking it in I can already cinch it fully together in the back. I have a bit of an irregular shape as most my weight seems to focus on the tummy area. I know one size down will fit but I dont want to simply turn around and have to buy yet another size lower so quickly. Should I buy a 28?

Hi Rebecca,

It would really help to have your underbust and upper hip measurements as well-to make sure the 426 will work for and help determine how far down to size you.

OK…so the 426 has a very large hip spring on it, and I don’t think we can size you down enough to make that fit (it will have a large gap and be too big at the bottom of the corset)-even in a size 28 that corset will measure 40″ at the bottom edge. I recommend the 411 or the 305 in a size 28-30-depending on how squishy you think you are.

1. Rebecca

I have a 10 inch corset and the problem I am having is I am so long that it barely covers my belly at all. Thank you for the honest answer though. I saw a different one elsewhere that was 11 inches. Perhaps thy will work a little better than the one I have now. Thank you for the reply.

80. Dynique Samuel

Which corset should I get if my measurement are my under bust is 34, my waist is 32, my hips are 36. Plus I am 5’2.

81. Shan

I would like to purchase a corset for waist training. I have a very squishy tummy. I am 5’3 and measure 41-40-45. Which corset and what size do you recommend? Thank you.

1. annie

Hi I am 34 waist 37 hip and 11 inches torso can I wear the cs426? Or which one would u recommend? I heard cs 426 is the one that gives you the best curves

1. annie

My underbust is 34 in a half. My waist is 34 my hip is 38. Which corset is right for me? I want to geta double steelbone corset for waist trtraining

2. annie

Hi thanks for the fast reply. I just order the 411 I was wondering after I can full close on the 27 should I get size 22 for my second corset? Which corset and size would you recommend?

82. Summer

I would greatly appreciate any input in regards to what size I should purchase. What is recommend for 36 bust, 35 waist and 38 hip and my torso length is about 11.5? I do have quite a bit of squish since I just had a baby not too long ago. I’m interested in the 411. Thank you :)

83. Samantha

Hi I just ordered my corset and I order a size 30 because I have a 38 underbust and a 42 waist did I order the right size?

84. Char

Hi I’ve recently lost 40 lbs and I’m looking to start waist training. I have more of an apple shape in terms of where I have the most fat. I am 5 ft 4 in. and 179 lbs and my measurements are under bust 34 in, narrow part of hip 31 in, lower waist/hip 39 in. When I measure from under my bra to my pelvic bone it is 12 inches standing and about 11 inches sitting. I am interested in the 426 since I have a fat roll on both sides of my back but I’m curious if the 411 will be better as I am continuing to lose weight. Also, I’m not sure if this would be an issue but my rear is higher on my back than most ladies. Thanks for your help!

Hi Char,

It sounds like the 426 will work, but certainly so will the 411. Not sure about high bootie…the 411 sits about 5″ below your natural waist and the 426 about 6″ if that helps. I think a size 24 in either of those will work.

85. Savia

hello,
    I recently purchased one of your corsets about a week ago but my waist is 30 I ordered the cs426 in 26′ and my first time lacing it up I was about 1-2.5” from closing it , my first time lacing it.and I know that wont take long to do so I was wondering did I order the wrong size should I have purchased the 24′ ? my bust is 38′ and my hips are 38″ and I am 5 ft 4″. Thanks in advance for your response! have a great day!

86. Crystal

Hi, I have purchased my very first corset and it was recommended that I get the 305 I’m wearing a size 28 I’m two days into breaking it in however I do not think it is as high as I would like for it to be I’m 5’2″ and kinda fluffy in the middle

Hi Crystal,

You should be wearing the corset so that the waist tape is at your natural waist line. Only the 426 is higher in the back, but it is not only longer but MUCH curvier.

1. Crystal

Hi Cheri,

Thank you for getting back to me I did watch the video you guys posted before breaking in my corset. However I’m still confused which side is up on my corset but I am making sure to have my waist tape properly positioned at my natural waist every time. Also I still have about a couple fingers width between the corset and my ribs my hips are shaping up nicely though…could you please advise me on this…thank you again

87. Chrisie

I’m ready to buy my first corset and need help on getting a corset up fit my body type. I was considering the cs-411. I’m 5’4, under bust 36′, waist 33′, hips 37′.

88. April

Hello,
    I need some help with choosing a corset. I’m 5’6 Bust: 30 Waist 31 Hips 37. I have back fat and want to waist train. What do you suggest

89. Maddie

Hey!
    I’m thinking of starting with either a CS-411 or a CS-305 but, I’m not entirely sure which one to start with or which size! My measurements are:
    underbust: 34″
    waist: 32″
    hips: 40″
    torso lengh:13″
    height over: 5’9″
    Thank you! :)

Hi Maddie,

Is that your upper hip or full hip? What I need is your upper hip. With those measurements and length you might want to consider the 426. You will likely not be able to wear the 305 as you are naturally quite curvy. A size 26 in the 411 and possibly down to a 24 in the 426.

90. Livy

I would like an underbust corset. I’m 5’2, 126 pounds.
    underbust: 32
    waist: 29
    hips: 34
    Your guidance would be greatly appreciated!

91. tricia

Hi! I’m new to this as well and am trying to figure out if I should go with a long or a short because I have those unwanted love handles. I’m 5’2 and weigh 130lbs. Under my bust is is 27in my natural waist where I bend is 28in and my at the widest part of my love handles is 34in. I also wear a 32E. What size and type should I get? Thanks for your help!

92. Mona

I will be purchasing my very first corset and I’m excited however I want to purchase the right one for my body type. My measurements are: Height 5’7″ Size 16. 38 under bust, 43 natural waist, 49 upper hip. I’m purchasing to help me in weight loss and as a waist cincher. Most of my bulge is in my abdomen which I want to be pulled in by the corset. I believe I would be a level 3 and should order CS-426 longline. Would this be correct? Would you please tell me the best corset I should purchase to begin my journey. Thank you so much.

93. Ann

Hello ! I was just wondering what corset you’d think work best for me. I’m new to corsets, I’m tall at 5’11′ (180cm) my waist measures 66-67 cm, I usually wear a 34 in bottoms and a 36 in tops because of my chest. Not really sure of my chest measurement but it’s generally bigger than my hips. I guess that would make me an inverted triangle, which I’m not a big fan of being.

Thanks in advance !

94. Paris Shelton

Good afternoon. I am so pleased to be able to finally purchase my first corset. I have been on a weight lose journey and have lost over 69lbs. I stand at 5’1″ and my measurements are 42,45, 50. Please tell me what your recommendation would be.

95. Haleigh

Hi Cheri, I was wondering what type of corset would work best for my love handles? i want that more smooth hourglass figure if you know what I mean. I’m 5’5″ and my under bust is 30 my waist is 27 and my hips are 38. I’m also new to all of this and im kind of lost. thanks for the advice!

Hi Haleigh,

If smoothing is what you are looking for, you might want to look at a waist cincher from Rago or Vedette. As for a more extreme hourglass-I think the CS-411 (or possibly the CS-426 http://orchardcorsetblog.com/2013/10/04/video-blog-can-i-wear-a-cs-426-steel-boned-corset/) in a size 22. Your measurements are very similar to my own. I am in most of our corset 101 videos if you want to see how they fit on me. Here is a link to a blog about cinchers vs corsets that might interest you as well. http://orchardcorsetblog.com/2013/08/28/steel-boned-corset-vs-waist-cincher/

96. Sierrah

Hello there my name is Sierrah I am interested in doing some waist training and I’d be looking for and under bust corset..
    My measurements are:
    33″ under bust
    31″ waist
    37″ upper hip
    I am alittle squishy here and there so I’m wondering what size and length are appropriate for me. I measured and from my breast to lower waist it about 10.5-11″ so I’m unsure if a longer corset would work. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Hi Sierrah,

Welcome to Orchard Corset. I would recommend the CS-411 in probably a size 26 for your first corset. If you feel you have enough squish and are serious about waist training you might be able to start with a 24, but be very conscientious about seasoning your corset fully before tight lacing.

97. Lakea

Hi my name is kea and I wanted to no what size would I be I have lost 120 pounds and still going I have a lot of extra fat around the back and stomach.under my bust is 42 and waist is a 38 hips is a 44 I think I measured right I wold like the long so it can cover more of my stomach what size would work for me thank u so much

98. Gwen

Good afternoon and thank you for an incredibly informative site. I recently discovered corsetry and after reading, most likely, all of your site, I have come to realize the many advantages of corsets. I have taken my measurements numerous times and am still unsure of where I should begin in terms of ordering size and style ( I hate the idea of wasting your and my time by ordering inaccurately). I am 5’6″ and my measurements consist of Bust: 43″, underbust: 35″, waist: 36″, upper hip: 40″ and torso (underbust to upper hip): 8″. I did the 11″ drop as Cheri suggested and the 11″ mark is at my leg crease. I am not looking to do any serious waist training, at least I don’t think so, but I am looking for the ability so smooth out my torso and hips so clothes will fit better and look better. I also like the idea of back support and the bonus of sensory input (squeezing). I adore the longline look, the 511 is gorgeous and just plain sexy but am not sure if I am long enough for it. I also like the idea of the overbust support that will allow me to wear clothes that would require a strapless bra. I would be grateful for some incite as I am excited to make my first purchase.

I have visited many corset sites and have to say I appreciate yours to the fullest. Your information is simple, straight forward and well organized as well as your videos make it all just so much more understandable. Thank you and Well done!

Why thank you Gwen and welcome to Orchard Corset! The 511 does hit where the 426 does, but doesn’t feel as long because it comes over the breasts as opposed to pushing them to your chin in the underbust version if you have a shorter torso. What would be helpful to know is your cup size. Your hip to waist ratio is only about 4 inches, so you will need to size down quite a bit to make the 511 (or 426) work for as they both have an ample hip spring. And the further you size down in the 511..the smaller the cup. Overbust corsets are tricky in the off the rack market as they are not customized for cup size. The size 30 in the 411 would probably work really, but that is an underbust model of standard length.

99. Hannah

So I don’t have the best posture in general. I joined my university’s equestrian team. I’ll be showing western and in my class I’ll be walking, cantor, trotting, etc. No jumping, just looking pretty and have good presentability.
    However I was wondering if a corset would help my posture in the saddle, or if it will do more harm then good. Like I read it may not be that comfortable since you’re sitting straight up with your legs around a horse so the bottom hem might dig into your legs. But I also read if you have a shorter corset, like the 411 here, it wouldn’t be as bad.
    This is where I’m stuck though. The 426 underbust would be great for me in everyday life as I have wide hips and larger obliques. But to accommodate me in a saddle the 411 may be better but may do a weird pooch out in front/bottom and make me look less put together when showing my horses.
    Any tips or guidelines on how to pick a corset for horse showing? I’d only use them in show and not in practice.
    I may not order my usual 30 and opt for a 32 since I’m using it more for back and posture and not waist reduction.

100. Alicia

Would like to begin journey in waist training, what size would you recommend for- ub 37; w41 and uh 47. thanks in advance

ps: I am 5′ 4″

1. Amber

Hi, I’m 5’7 and 30-28-36. I would like to purchase a corset in leather which I’ve heard tends to stretch a little over time. What do you recommend?

Hi Amber, I would suggest either the 426 or the 411 in a size 22. If you are not sure if your torso length will support the 426, check out our very recent video blog that addresses that very issue :).

101. Michele

I see you’ve gotten a lot of these posts as questions, but for peace of mind, I will ask too. With these measurements for only an underbust: ub 33 waist 34 uh 39 full hip 40. I am very interested in waist training but I have a few conserns, namely I’m only 5 foot so I’m on the shorter side and I worry about all the fluff I carry below my waist not getting caught and redistributed by the corset. The 511 really caught my eye but I don’t know if I’m long enough to wear it. I was also torn between a 411 because it’s double boned, but I’ve read your posts suggesting the 305 as a starter. And I’d like to use the corset(s) for daily wear. Thanks in advance. It’ll help me convince my husband….
    ;-)

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to Orchard Corset. The 511 is pretty long (as long as the 426, really). The 411 and 305 have similar dimensions, but a different curve and stiffness level (so really a personal preference as long as you enough curve and/or fluff to support the curve of the 411). Your measurements would allow you to wear either style. I would recommend beginning with a size 28.

102. Tina

Hi Cheri! Im new to waist training and want a curvier look underneath my clothes.Im 5’3 1/2 with a waist:37 hips:42. Im trying to avoid back bulge as well. My sternum to pelvic measures about 13in. Any suggestions on the corset I should order? Thanks!!

Hi Tina :)

You might be able to make a 426 work with that torso length..which rides up high in the back. In the 426 you won’t have any trouble in a size 30, and I would bet even in the 411 you could make a 30 work. Just be patient with the seasoning period and don’t overtighten too quickly to avoid warping your bones.

103. Jamie Rigby

Will you all be coming out with any new satin colors or brocades in the CS 411? I am really interested in a Rust color, Maroon color, and Gold. I am an autumn skin type and love those colors but I can’t find them in your CS 411 corset…. Let me know what you all are coming out with please if anything :0) Thanks so much!!!

Hi Jaime,

We have thought about adding the maroon we carry in the 426 line to the 411′s as well. We will have a cotton in a darker tan shortly, but not sure that is what you are looking for. We will definitely consider it! Thank you for sharing.

104. Yvette

I’m 5’7″ tall and measurements 39-40-43 DD cup and I want to waist train down to a 30″ waist. Currently I wear a waist cincher 10 hours a day. Which corset would be better for me to start? I am looking for underbust corset.

Hi Yvette,

If you have a long torso, you will be able to wear the CS-426 (however if you prefer just cinching the waist..then the 411 will be more comfortable). I would recommend sizing down to at least a 32 (maybe a 30) in the 426 as you have a small waist/hip differential. In the 411 I would stay at a 32. Remember to season your corset by only wearing for short periods of time the first couple of weeks. Good luck!

105. Bree

I really wish you guys had a level 3 non-longline corset! I know the 411 is close but it’s not AS dramatic. I’ve had by 426 for around a month now, but I’m really worried that once my classes resume in a few weeks I won’t be able to wear it during my lectures.. It’s not that it’s not comfortable, it’s just that the tip of it peeks out between my cleavage. I’m 5’2 with a super short torso.

1. Diane

Bree, I think I understand what you mean. I have a 411, but I like the look of the 426 a bit more. I also have a short torso and am 5’2″, and I just know that the tip will probably ride up too high for me and begin to annoy me.

Cheri, has Orchard Corsets ever considered making a shorter version of the 426 for us shorter-torsoed ladies?

Diane,

Thank you for sharing! We are looking into a higher backed version of the 411 (using the top have of the 426 but the bottom half of the 411 for our shorter gals), with a milder contour at the bustline. Women like the back coverage of the 426, but can’t always support the length or the hip spring of the 426.

106. Katherine

Hello I’m looking at 411 or 426. I’ve never worn a corset so want to be comfortable but don’t want any bulges showing. I sit at my job a lot. I am 5’7″ with 35 1/2″ waist, 41 1/2″ abdomen, 44 1/2″ hips and underbust is 36″. From sternum to pubic bone is 16 1/2″

Hi Katherine,

It sounds like you have a very long torso, so I think the 426 might be better at minimizing any unwanted bulges. A size 30 (maybe a 28 if you are looking to do any serious weight training-but a 30 would probably be more comfortable and you have the natural hips to fill it out without needing to size down).

107. Tiffanie S

I was wondering if i might be able to get some advice on which silhouette level corset i should get. my measurements are: ob:41 ub: 37-38 ish waist:34-36 ish hips:40-41 ish. i was wondering if someone could help me on what size and silhouette i should get?

Hi Tiffanie,

With those measurements you should be able to make either the 426 or the 411 work (if you have the torso length). In a 411 I would recommend a size 28 if your waist is usually a 34, but a 30 if a 36″ waist is more normal for you. In the 426 you should be able to size down to a 28 regardless, as your weight should redistribute to fill up the hip spring of that corset.

108. Sophie

I need help finding a corset I am very very short waisted however I am also very very curvy.
    I am 5’6 my measurements are underbust 30 inches, waist 29 inches, high hip 37 1/2, hip 39 1/2.
    My cup size is a natural 30 DD I can fit into a 32 DD or EE.

What models would I be able to wear for tightlacing? I am interested in an underbust, but would be interested in other designs as well.

Thx!

Hi Sophie,

You would need to try the CS-411 standard length corset. It has lots of curve. I wear that in a 22 and my measurements are UB 30, W 27.5 and UH 37.

109. AshleyK

Am I too small to corset train? Is that a stupid question. I’m 5’5, my hips are 33′ my waist is 21′ and my underbust is 23′.. I’m kinda long, would a longer style be best?

Hi Ashley,

With only a 21 inch waist, I am not sure you would see any reduction even in our smallest size corset, which is 18. As the corset itself has thickness, even fully closed you would measure at least 20 inches around the waist. You have a fairly generous waist to hip ratio. The 426 is longer, but has a very large hip spring. If your upper hip measurement isn’t full enough you might not be able to fill it out, as you can’t cinch down very far at the waist. I hope this helps!

110. Penelope

Hi! I’m having a little trouble deciding which corset I should use to begin my waist training journey. I’m about 5′ with the measurements 36-35-37. I usually wear sizes 8-10. My waist isn’t really defined at all, so I’d really like to enhance my figure but am worried about the shorter corset leaving a lot of my mid section pooching out. Thanks for your help!

Hi Penelope,

At 5′, you will definitely need to stick with the standard length corsets, either a 411 or a 305. Are those your underbust, waist and upper hip measurements? The 305 in a size 28 or 30 would probably work, or the 411 in a 28 (it’s curvier-so you will likely need to size down and then take your time to season and not overtighten).

111. Pingback: Corset 101: Waist Training Tips Using Off-the-Rack Corsets | Orchard Corset Blog

112. Karen Vasquez

I need help in determining what kind of corset i need. I am 5’1 my bust is 36″ my waist is between 29.5-30 and my hips are 38.5. i am looking for a corset for waist training i feel i look very wide from the front because of my love handles, do corsets help with love handles too? anyways i think i have a short torso.

Hi Karen,

It sounds like our CS-411 would work well for you-probably in a size 24. Your shorter statue should allow the corset to come down over your “love handles” :)

113. Crystal

Hello, I’m still having trouble figuring the best corset for me(also a beginner). Im between 5 and 5’1 and a size 16. I want to waist train but I also want to work on my posture so everyday wear is ideal. Im just lost….

Hi Crystal,

Welcome to Orchard Corset! Have you read our sizing information page? Corset sizing is based primarily on your waist measurement (in inches), with consideration of your underbust and upper hip measurement to ensure the right fit. Check out our sizing page, and drop us an email (contact form on the website) if you have additional questions. Based on your height, I would avoid the CS-426 Longline.

114. Megan

Hi,honey, I live on my own, So in doing soi have to mutch troble doing up the lace corset,Do you have corsets that have no lase, Please let me know, Thank you.

Hi Megan,

Real steel boned corsets all lace up the back (and generally have a split front busk, however a few don’t). We do have a blog and video that show you how to lace yourself into a corset, if that helps!

115. Jim

I woudl like to know why the longline underbust corsets usually do not have garter tabs attaced to them? I would ideally love a level 3 corset, longline, underbust with 6 garter straps but it seems like this is something that is not made. Any thoughts?

Jim,

We have had that request from many of our customers, and our 426′s now have 6 garter tabs. We haven’t changed the description yet as we have some inventory that still does not have the tabs. Make a special request in your order that you want a corset with tabs (nearly all of our solid satin except size 18 are tabbed now, and so is the black lace and pinstripe). We will begin changing that part of the description soon! Thank you.

116. Carol Oster

My problem is that I’m slightly apple shaped now – meaning that my waist is about as big as my bust… maybe more. My HEAD tells me I’m athletic looking, but the truth is, I’ve put on substantial weight in the last decade or so, and now I’m a size 18. Grrrrr! I would LOVE to wear a corset for costuming… maybe even for daily wear… but I’m TERRIFIED it’ll make my butt look even bigger than it feels/looks now. Help?

I’m 5’6… my torso is probably average in length…

Carol,

When you have enough “fluff” the corset will redistribute some of that and mold you to the shape of the corset. If you are proportionate, than at 5’6″ you should be able to wear the 426. The 411 will fit, but you might get some unwanted back bulge. And don’t worry about your butt…everyone will just be looking at your curves!